Dental Implants in Naperville, IL
Missing teeth are not only a cosmetic concern, but the loss of one or more teeth can result in many other dental complications. Over time, the bone starts to shrink and the adjacent and opposing teeth can start to shift, which changes the bite. New dental implants offer an effective treatment with long-term results, helping patients avoid these common concerns after tooth extraction.
Tooth Restoration with Dental Implants
Drs. Blecha and Jandali specialize in dental implant treatments and provide patients with the latest advances in the industry. Each patient receives a customized plan, based on their unique needs and the optimal treatments to improve the appearance and function of the smile.
Preservation of the bone is just as important as the preservation of the tooth, which is why dental implants are often used when a tooth has been damaged beyond repair. Dental implants can be used to maintain jawbone density, and they are resistant to gum disease.
Dental Implant Overview
Your natural teeth have a root (which lies below the surface of the gums) and a crown (the visible part of the tooth). When tooth implants are used for restoration, the implants are designed in a similar manner, with a post acting as the root and a replacement tooth secured on top.
Most patients require two appointments for tooth implant surgery. First, the implant(s) are placed in the jawbone, where it can fuse to the adjacent bone. Then, a few months later, the final prosthetic is secured to the implant abutment to finalize the tooth implant procedure.
Types of Prosthetics
Every implant is customized according to the needs of each patient. Available restoration options for teeth implants include:
- A crown for a single tooth implant
- Fixed dental bridge to replace missing teeth (two or more)
- Complete dental prosthesis to replace all the teeth in the jaw
The number of implants varies based on the recommended type of prosthesis.
Specialized Services for Dental Implants
Our office provides a variety of unique services to optimize the results of dental implants. These services are recommended on a case-by-case basis, depending on the needs of each patient. Available services include:
- Bone Grafting: To optimize the quality of the socket for implant placement.
- Immediate Dental Implants: Typically, the implants are placed several months after tooth extraction. New advancements in surgical techniques make it possible for some patients to have a tooth extraction, bone grafting, and immediate implant placement done in the same appointment.
- Same Day Dental Implants: “Teeth in a day” involves the implant placement and the creation of the replacement tooth in the same day. This service is available for crowns, dental bridges, and even replacement of all of the teeth.
- All On Four Implants: All On 4 Dental Implants are a truly cutting-edge technique for patients needing to replace all teeth on either their top or bottom gums. In one appointment, all remaining teeth are removed, multiple implants are placed, then the replacement teeth are placed on the implants on the same day. Typically, four implants are used, hence All on 4 Implants.
- Totally Fixed Dental Bridge Prosthesis: This fixed implant bridge prosthesis can be used to replace teeth, bone, and lost soft tissue.
- Bar Attachment Denture: Improved stability for denture use is available when the prosthesis is secured in place to a system using dental implants and a bar attachment.
- After Implant Placement: Temporary teeth or implant bridges can be placed to restore the appearance of the smile until the replacement teeth can be attached to the implants.
Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants varies, depending on the specific services provided for each patient. Factors that impact the cost include:
- Location of the implant in the jaw
- Whether bone or soft tissue grating is required
- Other health conditions that could lead to complications
- Cost of the materials for the implant, abutment, and crown/bridge
- The doctor’s experience, time, and expertise
- Equipment costs if computerized “guided” implant placement is required
Learn More About Tooth Restoration
For more information about dental implants and tooth restoration, contact our office to schedule a consultation. We’re here to answer your questions and assist in creating the optimal treatment plan for your individual needs.